St Aldhelm’s Church, Sandleheath
St Aldhelms Church, Station Road, Sandleheath.
This is one of three relatively modern churches in the team. The land to build it was given by the Hulse family (Breamore House). Lady Hulse laid the foundation stone on 14th June 1907. The Church was built by local labourers and craftsmen using bricks that were made in Sandleheath at the, then, thriving brickyard.
As from 6th March 2011 St Aldhelms has ceased to be used as a regular place of worship. All worship in Sandleheath now takes place at the Methodist Church on a rotation of Methodist and Church of England led services. To find out which service it is next week, download our weekly newsletter.
St Aldhelm’s continues to be used by the community for other events.
For more information about events at St Aldhelm’s, check out the Sandleheath Community Association facebook page.